a blog about mental illness, writing, and whatever else i can think of

Sunday, January 24, 2016

well, hello there, or, the resurrection post

Greetings from the great state of Maryland, home of Edgar Allen Poe and birth state of Frank Zappa, Lewis Black, and David Hasslehoff!*

More importantly, the birth state and residence of my two granddaughters. And now also my home!

When I stated writing this blog back in 2014, I wrote a post about how much I wanted to be here (All I can speak is my truth.). And how it probably wasn't possible.

Well, the impossible happened, and I've been here a little more than a year now. In fact, I started moving here about the time I abandoned this blog.

It was a very spontaneous decision, but it has gone amazingly well. I'm working part-time and have had the same job for over a year (with some slight variations)

I am a LOT less depressed than I was in Florida. I think I'm less depressed than I've been since my twenties.

I think by consulting my journal for the last year, I can blog on my personal journey from depressed and unemployable to functioning and working.

Stay tuned.

*41 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Maryland.

No comments:

Post a Comment